BANFF National Park in the Summer
23 July – 29 July 2017
Join us for a fantastic summertime photo shoot in Banff and Jasper National Parks.
Please contact us prior to signing up to ensure there is space available. Limited to 10 participants.
During the week, we will spend most of our time along the Icefields Parkway. Here we will take opportunities to stop and photograph the spectacular scenery, numerous wildflowers, and the abundance of wildlife. The warm days of summer provide the best opportunities to get wildlife in beautiful, lush habitat shots along the parkway, whether you’re after bears, elk, and sheep, or the smaller mammals like marmots and ground squirrels, or birds like geese and grouse.
We will typically be out early and back late. We will stop for lunch when we find a logical break in the photographing sessions. We will typically leave the mid-afternoon for training sessions, picture processing and digital reviews as the sun tends to be extremely harsh and not the best for photographing during this time.
Participants will be asked to bring 5-6 digital images to the reviews. If you have a laptop, we will do the reviews on your computer, if not you will need to download the pictures to a disk or thumb drive. The goal is to make sure you are getting the best pictures possible as the week progresses. Review sessions will be done on a voluntary basis. At the end of the week, we will all gather at the hotel for a display of everyone’s top ten pictures from the week.
- Full Payment: $900.00*
- Full Payment – AD and Retired Military: $800.00*
If paying with a deposit:
- Deposit: $200.00
- Balance Due NLT 30 days prior to workshop: $700.00*
- Balance Due NLT 30 days prior to workshop – AD and Retired Military: $600.00*
* Meals, transportation, lodging, and park fees are not included.
We will rely on carpooling to get to the various sites.
We will be headquartered at the Lake Louise Inn situated in Banff National park.
- All levels of photographic experience are welcome.
- There is minimal hiking involved.
- We plan very full days of photography, as well as some room discussion and teaching.
- We always are available to coach and encourage in the field and anxious to share any knowledge or inspiration that we have.
- Once you have registered, we will send out a final registration form and a letter about gear, clothing and logistics will be sent prior to the workshop; however, if you have any questions, you are always welcome to phone or email us.
We ask that full payment is made no later than 30 days prior to the workshop. Cancellation 30 days prior to an event will generate a full refund, minus a $50 handling fee. There is no refund for cancellations less than 30 days before the event. We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance in the event you need to cancel on short notice, especially if you will be purchasing airline tickets.
Contact us via the Contact Form if you have questions and to let us know that you have registered.
FULL – We are not accepting any more sign-ups for this tour for 2016.